The 2022-2023 Youth Conservation Leadership Institute applications are NOW OPEN. Please share how you are able in your communities. Deadline to apply is Friday, September 30th, 2022. Applications should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to 7308 Hanover Green Drive Suite 100, Mechanicsville, VA 23111.
YCLI is open to any Virginia High School student in grades 9-12th committed to the entirety of the program including:
- Developing their own Project Proposal based on student interest and implementing that project with the help of a mentor.
- Completion of at least 20 community service hours to be approved by the VASWCD staff.
- Submission of one interim, final report, & presentation on the community work completed.
- Attendance at the final recognition program to be held Spring 2023
- Read an assigned book on environmental leadership and participate in a virtual group discussion
- Participate in scheduled virtual group meetings throughout the program.
YCLI student goals include to:
- Engage with your local community & collaborate with fellow YCLI students across the state
- Develop project management skills and professional relationships through working with your mentor, local SWCD, and YCLI program director
- Meet deadlines and maintain a progress log with documentation of your work
- Practice presentation skills at the final program presentation
- Learn more about a topic of your interest and be a self-starter in developing your own project!
Click here to access the 2022-2023 YCLI application and flyer:
Specifics for the program will be announced along with the acceptance letter that will be sent via email in October 2022. Questions? Contact Maura Christian at email@example.com or (804) 559-0324.