DATE: Thursday, March 12, 2015
TIME: 6:00 p.m.
LOCATION: Henry County Administration Building-Main Board Room
Does your water come from a Well, Spring, or Cistern?
Do you want to learn more about the quality of your water?
HOW IT WORKS:
1. Informational meeting, pick up a sample kit and get instructions to collect your house hold water sample on Thursday, March 12, 2015 at the Henry County Administration Building-Main Board Room.
2. Collect a sample from your tap at home and complete a short questionnaire.
3. Drop off your sample at the Henry County Administration Building on Wednesday, March 18, 2015 from 7:30 a.m. – 9: 00 a.m.
4. Confidential test results, an explanation of what the numbers mean, and information on how to handle any problems that are present. Meeting date TBD after results come in.
COST: $49 (includes sample analysis cost to test for selected chemical and bacteriological constituents)
6. REGISTRATION IS REQUIRED AND SUPPLIES ARE LIMITED TO 150 SAMPLE KITS: Register by Monday, March 9, 2015 by calling Cynthia Martel (Franklin County Extension Office) at (540) 483-5161. Click here to access registration form HC Drinking Water Clinic Registration Form.
7. Make checks out to and mail: Virginia Cooperative Extension-Franklin County-90 East Court Street-Rocky Mount-VA-24151
Virginia Cooperative Extension programs and employment are open to all, regardless of age, color, disability, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, genetic information, veteran status, or any other basis protected by law. An equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Issued in furtherance of Cooperative Extension work, Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, Virginia State University, and the U.S. Department of Agriculture cooperating. Edwin J. Jones, Director, Virginia Cooperative Extension, Virginia Tech, Blacksburg; Jewel E. Hairston, Administrator, 1890 Extension Program, Virginia State, Petersburg. Extension is a joint program of Virginia Tech, Virginia State University, the U.S. Department of Agriculture, along with state and local governments. If you are a person with a disability and desire any assistive devices, services or other accommodations to participate in this activity, please contact Cynthia Martel, Franklin county VCE at (540) 483-5161 during business hours of 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. to discuss accommodations five (5) days prior to the event. *TDD number is (800) 828-1120.