April 1 – May 31 and Sept. 1 – Oct. 31
Building a Better Outdoors – Today, Tomorrow… Every Day
- enhance water quality
- control invasive species
- improve recreational resources
- preserve historic and cultural resources
- conserve natural heritage resources
- educate people about recreational, historical, cultural, wildlife, forest and water resources
- improve wildlife habitat and tree cover
Interested? Then get involved!
Get the word out about Stewardship Virginia by mentioning it in your newsletter, posting flyers on bulletin boards or promoting it with paychecks or organizational mailings. Businesses can grant employees time off to help with an event. Business can also to the campaign to help defray the costs of promotional material.
Stewardship Virginia… as simple as 1, 2, 3
- Plan and conduct a volunteer project or event or join an existing one. Our resource guide makes it easy to get great ideas about projects and where to go to get started. Come up with your own unique projects, or call to speak with the project coordinator for ideas and guidance.
- Complete a registration form and send it in. Your event will be added to our website, ensuring greater exposure.
- Give volunteers a big “thank you” by handing out certificates signed by the governor. These will be sent to you after receiving your registration.
Save the monarch
This year, Stewardship Virginia is placing particular focus on public awareness of the drastic decline of monarch butterfly populations and those of other “pollinators in peril.” Learn more about the campaign at 2015 Stewardship VA.